There are all kinds of special characters for typographic and formatting purposes. You can enter such special characters using keyboard commands or choose them from the Utilities.
To insert a special character from the menu bar:
1. Choose Utilities > Insert Character >Special or Utilities > Insert Character > Nonbreaking Special.
2. Choose the special character you want to insert on your page.
To view the symbols for invisible characters, choose View > Invisibles.
To insert a special character using the Glyphs palette:
1. Choose Window > Glyphs. The Glyphs palette displays.
2. Scroll through the glyphs to find the special character you want to insert on your page.
3. Double-click on the glyph to insert it into your text.
Note: The special character will be inserted into text where your cursor is currently active.