You can avoid various corruption issues by importing a layout from an existing project file into a new project file.
To append a layout into a new project file:
- Create a new project.
- Choose File > Append.
- Select the project containing the layout you want to append and then click Open. The Append dialog box displays.
- In the list on the left, click Layout.
- Select the layout you want to append in the Available list and then click the right arrow button. The layout is added to the Include list.
- One by one, select each of the other items in the list on the left such as Style sheets,Colors,etc. click Include All, and then click the right arrow button.
- Click OK. The layout is appended and becomes active.
- To delete the default blank layout, click the Layout 1 tab at the bottom of the project window, then choose Layout > Delete.
- Save the new project.