By splitting a window into two or more panes, you can display multiple views of one project at the same time, and you can see changes in all panes simultaneously. You can even use different view modes in each pane, and see your edits in one pane and update in the other pane in real time. You can split multiple views horizontally or vertically within a window.
By splitting a window, you can view your work at different magnifications at the same time.
There are three ways to split a window:
- Choose Window > Split Window > Horizontal or Window > Split Window > Vertical.
- Click the split bar to the right of the scroll bar (for a vertical split) or at the top of the scroll bar (for a horizontal split).
- Click the split-screen icons in the layout controls bar at the bottom of the project window.
Once a window has been split, you can change the width and height of the split by dragging the bars between the splits.
To remove splits from a window, use one of the following techniques:
- Choose Window > Split Window > Remove All.
- Drag a split bar to the side of the window.