While you can't do this when you're simply editing or adding words directly into an Auxiliary Dictionary, you can add a list of words while in the midst of a spell-checking operation for a story or selection. Try out these handy steps to add a complete list of words to your Auxiliary Dictionary at one time:
- Draw a text box that has enough room in it for the list of words you want to add to the Auxiliary Dictionary.
- Type or enter all the words that you want included in the Auxiliary Dictionary into the text box.
- Select all the text in the box.
- Go to Utilities > Check Spelling > Story.
- In the Check Spelling dialog, hold down Option-Shift (Mac) or Alt-Shift (Windows) and click the Add button.
All the words will be added to your Auxiliary Dictionary at the same time.
Note: You must have already created an Auxiliary Dictionary before you do this.