The 2-position rollover option is only active when a picture box is selected. In a 2-position rollover, the end user drags the mouse pointer over one box, and the image in a different box displays the rollover image. The box the end user rolls over is called the origin box, and the box that displays the rollover image is called the target box.
To create a two-position rollover:
- Create a text box or picture box to serve as the origin box the box that the mouse pointer will be moved over to invoke the rollover. If the box is a text box, choose Item > Modify and select the checkbox Convert to Graphic on Export.
- Create another text box or picture box to serve as the target box the box that will change its contents when the mouse pointer is moved over the origin box.
- If the box is a text box, choose Item > Modify and select the checkbox Convert to Graphic on Export.
- Import a picture or enter text into the target box. This is the default content for the target box.
- With the target box selected, choose Item > Rollovers > Create 2-Position Target.
- To specify the rollover image, import a new picture.
- To specify the rollover text, choose Item > Content > Text and enter new text into the target box.
- To link the origin box with the target box, select the 2-Position Rollover Linking tool in the Web Tools palette; click the origin box; and then click the target box.
- To create additional target boxes, repeat steps 26.