To create customized keyboard equivalents in QuarkXPress, follow these steps:
- Go to System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse> Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Click on the Plus sign to add a new shortcut.
- In the Application pop-up menu select QuarkXPress
- Name the Menu Title the exact name of the menu item to which you want to apply the keyboard equivalent.
- Enter the Keyboard Shortcut you want to use for that menu item.
- Click Add.
Test the shortcut in QuarkXPress to ensure that the Keyboard Shortcut works.
Note: Many Keyboard Shortcuts are already in use by the operating system. These will show in the Keyboard Shortcuts listings.