- Mass Deployments of QuarkXPress 7 and 8 site licenses using Windows 2003 Server.
Follow these steps to deploy QuarkXPress using a Group Policy Startup Script:
- Extract the contents of the GPO.zip file (contact Quark Support for file) to a folder of your choice.
- Rename the silent.bat1 to silent.bat.
- Rename the Install.vbs1 to Install.vbs.
Share the QuarkXPress Installer on a global location so that it is accessible to all domain users. This can be shared on the domain controller itself. For example, suppose the Installer is shared at: \public_share\Quark_Setup\
Note: this path will be used in the install.vbs logon script.
- Place the attached silent.bat file in the following location:
To Set up your Windows 2003 for Domain controller:
- Go to Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Select the quark.com Properties and go to the Group Policy tab.
- Create a new Group policy, and name it 'Install QuarkXPress'.
- Select the 'Install QuarkXPress' Group Policy and click Edit.
- In the GPO Editor that opens, go to User Configuration > Windows Settings > Scripts.
- Open the Logon Properties in the right pane.
- Click on the Add button and browse for the Install.vbs script.
- Click OK.
- Close the GPO Editor console
To set up the Client machines:
- Login as the Domain user.
- The QuarkXPress setup will silently
- Wait for the installation to complete and the shortcut to appear on desktop.
Note: The attached script (Install.vbs) includes an instruction that tells it not to launch if QuarkXPress is already installed.