To enable the silent installer on Windows, follow these steps:
- Install the copy of QuarkXPress on a network. The installer will make a setup.xml and Silent.bat file in the QuarkXPress folder.
- Open the Silent.bat file in a text editor and ensure that the first line of the silent.bat is '<path of setup.exe>' /s /v'/qn'.
- To enable silent installer on Windows, copy the two files to the next system and disable any virus protection software on your system.
- Double-click on the silent.bat file--a console window will appear. It displays the path where the installer is located and closes when the installer is complete.
- Installing QuarkXPress on multiple machines using a disk imaging or silent installation software
- Installing or modifying files within the QuarkXPress folder without interfering with site workflow.
- Managing QuarkXPress upgrades in large sites