To activate legacy options for separations in QuarkXPress 9:
- Visit http://support.quark.com and log a ticket to request for 'FuturaUIConfig.xml' file
Once you receive the file, download and place the compressed file named 'FuturaUIConfig.zip' under below location: (as per your operating system)
- XP: [drive]:\Documents & Settings\[user name]\Application data (Hidden folder)\Quark\QuarkXPress 9
- Vista and 7: [Local drive]:\ User\Local\App Data (hidden folder)\Quark\QuarkXPress 9
- Mac OS: [drive]/Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Quark/QuarkXPress 9
- Uncompress the 'FuturaUIConfig.zip' at above location & then launch QuarkXPress 9.x afterwards.
- This will enable the legacy options for Separations.
- In case you still face issues, update the same ticket for more assistance at http://support.quark.com
In QuarkXPress 10, this functionality has been removed, so it isn’t possible to add the capability to add host-based separations to QuarkXPress 10. Using v10, you can create composite files and create In RIP separations.
- Using FuturaUIConfig.xml enables separations options in QuarkXPress 9.x. however, these options may produce compatibility issues with new output options such as Blio eBook, and EPUB.