The user can experiment with the new features of QuarkXPress® with the fully-functional evaluation version in the grace period. After the grace period ,the software goes into reduced-functionality mode.
Reduced-functionality mode has the following limitations:
- Files cannot be saved.
- The Save Picture feature is disabled.
- The Revert to Saved feature is disabled.
- The Save Page as EPS feature is disabled.
- You can edit settings in the Save pane of the Preferences dialog box (QuarkXPress/Edit menu), but layouts will not be auto-saved or backed up using these settings.
- The Collect for Output feature is disabled.
- The Export as HTML feature is disabled.
- You cannot create a library.
- You cannot create a book.
- Print layouts display the words “QuarkXPress Demo” on each page when printed, and Web layouts display the words “QuarkXPress Demo” in each picture box when printed.
- In PostScript® files, the words “QuarkXPress Demo” are embedded in each page of the PostScript.
- You can export a maximum of five pages of a QuarkXPress layout in PDF format, and the words “QuarkXPress Demo” display on each page.
- Only five pages will print at a time.
QuarkXPress® 9 evaluation expires after 30 days whereas evaluation version of QuarkXPress® 8 expires after 60 days.
If you decide to buy QuarkXPress 9, you don’t have to reinstall anything.You can move directly from your fully functional 30-day QuarkXPress 9 Test Drive to a regular commercial version by entering your validation code issued at purchase, quitting the application, and then simply relaunching QuarkXPress 9.