Background: Hyphenation is the division of a word especially at the end of a line on a page.
Disabling hyphenation for selected text
- Open QuarkXPress Document
- Select the text
- Go to the menu Style >Formats
Press Ctrl + Shift + F for Windows or Command + Shift + F
In the Paragraph Attributes dialogue box;
- Select H&J and check 'No Hyphenation' from the drop down menu.
- Click on apply and then click on OK.
Disabling hyphenation from the style sheet
- Open QuarkXPress project
- On the menu bar Navigate to Window > Style Sheets to open Style Sheets pallet
- Right click Paragraph style sheet that is applied to text and click on edit
- In the Edit Paragraph Style Sheet dialog box Go to Formats tab and check No Hyphenation from H&J drop down menu
- Click on OK.