In QuarkXPress 10.x, user can set the default tool preferences for the layout directly from the boxes.
Set default Tool Preferences
- Create an object (Picture / Text / No Content tool) using any of the drawing tool
- Set the properties of box like Frame width, Box colour etc.
- Navigate to Edit > Set Tool Preferences From Selected
- select any of the below sub menu as per the requirement:
- For Current Layout: Itsaves the tool preferences only for current layout on which user is working
- For New Print Layouts: It saves tool preferences for all the new layouts created after this setup
Restore Default Tool Preferences
Select the box and navigate to Edit menu > Restore Tool Preferences to Defaults and further select the sub menu as per the requirement.