To reduce the Hardware Acceleration value, follow the steps below.
- Right click on the desktop on Windows.
- Click on Properties.
- You will get Display and Properties
- Click on the Settings tab
- Click on the Troubleshoot tab
- Reduce the Hardware Acceleration value and test the display when QuarkXPress launches.
This behavior is due to the hardware acceleration value in the video card. If you turn down the hardware acceleration' value on the video card (Direct Draw and Direct3d Acceleration) it will resolve the problem.