Follow these steps to resolve the problem:
- In QuarkXPress go to View > Invisibles.
On the page previous to the page you are trying to delete, look for any extra Paragraph Return ( ¶ ) or Next Column/Next Page ( ? ) markers that may have forced the creation of the new page.
Note: Look for these markers after the last actual line of text in the layout.
- Delete all Paragraph Return or Next Column/Page markers that occur after the last line of your text flow.
- Delete the last page(s) of your layout.
If these steps did not resolve your problem, try the following:
Turn off Auto Page Insertion. To do so:
- Go to QuarkXPress > Preferences (Mac) or Edit > Preferences (Windows).
- Select the General pane for the Layout type in which you are working (For example. select the General pane under the Print Layout listing in the Preferences dialog).
- Select OFF in the Auto Page Insertion drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
When you create a new layout with the Automatic Text Box check box selected, QuarkXPress will automatically create pages as you type text. If you have entered or imported any text that includes invisible paragraph or next column/ next page returns that occur after the last line of your text flow, QuarkXPress will create new pages at the end of your layout.