If your File becomes corrupted, follow these steps:
- Locate the folder named 'Quark' located in Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences.
Open the Get Info window. For this folder and set Ownership and Permissions to Read & Write for all groups and users.
Note: You will need System Administrator account privileges to change permissions on this folder and will be prompted to authenticate when you do so.
- Close the Get Info window.
If this did not fix your problem, try these steps to create a new one:
- Delete the folder named 'Quark' that is located in Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences. Empty Trash
- Create a new folder named 'Quark' in the same location (Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences).
- Launch QuarkXPress 8 or 9. You will be prompted with a new Screen.
- Activate your license of QuarkXPress normally.
In case issue persist, kindly contact support http://support.quark.com/contact_us.html
In QuarkXPress 8 or 9 it is no longer necessary to run a Components Installer in order to create a new file.