Following are some areas to test when you are experiencing slow performance at save.
- Ensure that you have sufficient memory installed in the computer from which you are the project file.
- Check to see if your hard drive is fragmented. If it is, this can lead to longer save times because QuarkXPress and the operating system need to locate widely separated hard disk allocation blocks in order to complete the save operation.
- Remove any third party XTensions from the XTensions folder of the QuarkXPress folder or place them in the XTensions Disabled folder to see if there are any that are negatively affecting performance.
- Remove the Dejavu.xnt. or place it into the XTensions Disabled folder.
- If you are over a network, try to the local drive to see if there are any network variables contributing to your performance problem.
- Turn off the AutoSave and AutoBackup in the Save pane of the Preferences dialog if you have them turned on.
There are several different variables that can contribute to slower performance at the point of a project. These can range from the presence of certain QuarkXTensions to insufficient memory. Below are some things to look for when trying to find a cause for slow performance.