Applies to: Quark Publishing Platform 2015
Performing Silent Installation:
1. First you need to install Quark Publishing Platform on one machine with all the necessary details, which includes Database, QLA and QuarkXPress Server information.
2. Once the above installation of Quark Publishing Platform completes, two new files Setup.bat and Silent.xml will be created inside the Quark Publishing Platform installer folder.
3. Now, make the Quark Publishing Platform installer folder sharable or put the entire installer folder on a shared drive so that it is accessible over the network.
4. Copy the two files Setup.bat and Silent.xml on the second machine where you want to perform the silent install.
5. Edit the Silent.bat file in Notepad and update the path of the Quark Publishing Platform setup.exe file i.e. specify the path of the shared Quark Publishing Platform installer folder as per step 3 and save the file.
'\shared_drive_path\Quark Publishing Platform Server\setup.exe' /s /v'/qn'
6. Double click on Silent.bat file and the installation process will start without prompting for any information. The installation process will use the information about QLA, Database and QuarkXPress Server from the Silent.xml file.
Note: You could simply update the information in silent.xml file if you want to install Quark Publishing Platform Server with different QLA, Database, QuarkXPress and License details. This comes handy if you want to setup a similar Platform Server setup for different environment (Production, Test, Development, and Staging etc.).