Issue: When generating a PDF from QuarkXPress projects in the Platform Client's workspace (Publish > Publish as PDF), user gets an 'Unable to generate output' error in the Platform Clients and in the Platform Server Logs, UNHANDLED_SERVER_EXCEPTION : STREAMING_FAILED : STREAMING_FAILED error is captured.
Cause: This issue can occur in situations:
- Platform Server Service don't have full Read & Write permission to write to a specific location (.../temp/QppServer/Publishing) in the temp folder, or
- The QppServer and Publishing folder are missing or deleted from the temp folder.
- Verify the location of the temp folder on the machine where Platform Server is installed and running. Different machine configuration can have the temp folder located in different volume(s) or folders.
- If the Platform Server Service is running under a specific users account, then the temp folder where the Platform Server is creating it's folders will be in a file path like example: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\QppServer
- If the Platform Server Service is running under as a Local Service, then the temp folder where the Platform Server is creating it's folders will be in a file path like example: C:\Windows\temp\QppServer or C:\temp\QppServer
- Look for the QppServer folder and within it, the Publishing Folder
- If any of the above folders is missing or renamed or the Service account does not have correct permissions and you try to send a Publish to PDF request, it will fail.
- If the folder does not have the correct permissions, give full R/W permissions to the Service account under which the Platform Server Service is running.
- Verify if you any Anti-virus software installed on the Platform Server that may be preventing the files to be written to the above mentioned location. Try to include the above mentioned location in the 'Do Not Scan' list of the A/V and see if that makes a difference.
- Verify if you have any scripts configured to clean up the temp folder at regular intervals. If yes, ensure that the script is modified in such a way so that it does delete the QppServer and QppServer/Publishing folders.