To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Close the alert dialog box.
- Quit out of QuarkXPress.
- Delete the 'Quark' folder from the location 'Macintosh HD:Library:Preferences'.
- Run the QuarkXPress Component installer (QuarkXPress 6 and 7 only), located in the 'For System' folder in the 'QuarkXPress 6.x/7.x' folder. You must have system administrative privileges to do so.
- Re-launch QuarkXPress.
- A dialog box displays asking you if you want to activate over the telephone or the Internet.
- Choose Over the Internet and then click Activate QuarkXPress.
- You should then be able to launch QuarkXPress as you normally would.
Note!: The troubleshooting method for this error message is similar to that found in Knowledge Base Article AE0147 - File Corrupted (Mac OS).
The Xerxes Framework is software installed by QuarkXPress that contains essential resources for communicating with the operating system.