Formatting and Footnote text lost on saving and reopening project after importing a word file with footnotes
Affects - QuarkXPress 2015
It has been observed when some users import MS Word documents in QuarkXPress projects, then after saving and reopening the same project, the footnote information and formatting is lost
What users are doing?
1. Launch QuarkXPress and create new project.
2. Import (File > Import) MS Word document having footnotes and different styles applied on text
3. Please make sure to check ‘Convert Quotes’ and ‘Include Stylesheets options in Import dialog box
4. After importing the text, please save the QuarkXPress project and close it
5. Open the same project and observe
The text loses its styling information as well as Footnotes.
Please uncheck ‘Convert Quotes’ options in Import dialog box