Background: In QuarkXPress 9 and early versions, we had a Pallet named as 'Picture Effects'. This pallet was used for adding effects to images in QuarkXPress. However, In QuarkXPress 10 Picture Effects are not available. So the images, that have effects applied in the previous version, will search for the same option when the document is being opened in QuarkXPress 10.
Follow the steps below to open your document in QuarkXPress 10:
- Open your document in QuarkXPress 9 or any previous version.(preferably 7, 8 or 9)
- Go to menu; File > Save Picture > All Pictures in Layout. (Picture Export Options dialog box open)
- Select the check-box ”Link Layout to new Picture”.
- On the next screen, choose “Highest”.
- Save all the Pictures in a new folder.
- Save the document and then open in QuarkXPress 10.