These configuration values are listed in the Failover.properties file located in the Server folder of the Backup Server. In this file are three different values (listed in seconds):
- the time to Data synchronization
- Server failure notification
More specifically, these values mean:
- Data synchronization: This is the interval of data synchronization between the Primary and Backup Servers.
- Notification: This value indicates the amount of time before the Backup Server (in Passive mode) 'knows' that the Primary Server (active) is down and begins the process of becoming active.
- : Once the Backup Server receives the notification of Primary Server failure, this is the amount of time it takes to become a active server.