To eliminate this problem:
- Stop the QLA Server(s).
- Navigate to the QLA Server application folder for both the primary and backup QLA servers and delete the files named 'HistChkinChkOut.log', 'HWMUsage.dat', and 'Save.dat'. ('HistChkinChkOut.log' contains the history and logs for license check-out and check-in.)
- On both the primary and backup QLA servers, open the 'LogOptions.properties' file in a text editor, then locate the item HISTORY_LICENSE_VIEW_DAYS and change the value to 1. (The HISTORY_LICENSE_VIEW_DAYS field is a configuration parameter of QLA Server that controls how past check-in and check-out operations are recorded and lets users view them on demand through the QLA Control Panel client. Changing this value changes the save history of license usage.)
- Download a new QLA License file by visiting this URL.
- Save the downloaded license file in the QLA Server folder on both the primary and backup QLA Servers.
- Launch QLA Server on the primary and backup computers.
To stop a service on Mac OS, navigate to [drive]/Applications/Utilities and launch Activity Monitor, then select and quit the service named Quark License Administrator.
To stop a service on Windows, choose Start > Run, enter 'services.msc' and press Enter, then select and quit the service named 'Quark License Administrator.'
Quark License Administrator folder default locations:
Mac OS: [drive]/Applications/Quark/Quark License Administrator/Server
Windows XP: [drive]:\Program Files\Quark\Quark License Administrator\Server
Windows Vista & 7: [drive]:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Quark\Quark_License_Administrator\Server