QuarkXPress 10 and 2015
- Close all the running applications which uses Font Explorer
- Open FontExplorer, Select Clean system font caches in the Tools menu.
- In recent versions of FontExplorer X Pro, a window appears and ask for a passwords, enter your password and click OK
- The next window lists the actual files that make up the Mac OS X font caches. Select Clean .
- At this point all versions of FontExplorer X and FontExplorer X Pro display the window asking for your password. Enter the password and click OK . The caches files are deleted and you’ll see the window displayed in the next step and it will prompt to restart MAC.
- When the Mac reboots, launch Linotype FontExplorer again. This time,Select Clean application font caches in the Tools menu.
- The next window lists Adobe’s, Quark’s and Microsoft’s font caches, and they’re clicked by default.Select Clean.
- A window will appear asking for your password. Enter the password and click the OK button.
- The application font caches are deleted and you’ll see this confirmation window.
- Launch QuarkXPress and now attempt to open the document through File menu.