Applies to- QuarkXPress 10.x and 11.x on Windows OS
Navigating to File> Open or File> New Project does not bring Open/New dialogue box. This occurs if there is a registry entry missing.
- Go to run and type RegEdit.
- Take registry backup by navigating to File> Export.
- In registry, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders.
- Add the new entry Common AppData'='C:\ProgramData”
- Close registry and launch QuarkXPress.
1.Changes to the Windows registry should be made only under the supervision of an IT expert.
2.Back up your Windows registry before making any changes to it.