The following steps can be used to specify/change Registry values:
- Launch Regedit.
- Browse to My Computer>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>> SYSTEM>> CurrentControlSet>> Services>> QuarkXPressServer>> Parameters
- Update the parameters as required.
- Launch QuarkXPress Server.
The following changes can be made through by editing the Registry in this manner:
- Updating Number of Subrenders (Limit cannot be exceeded than the purchased limit of subrenders)
- Changing the Server Port Number when Application is running as a Service.
- Launching Application with Monitoring Parameters -subrenders n -monitorsubrenders queryinterval 600 noofretriesrecycle
Definitions: These suggested parameters monitor the health check of the Subrenderers:
- Queryinterval: The time in seconds before sending the next request to the Subrenderer.
- Noofretries: Number of Retries sets the Subrenderers before restarting the process.
- Recycle: This will restart the process if it goes into the hang state.
2. Back up your Windows registry before making any changes to it.