Under some circumstances, a Print to File printer needs to be created in order to render a PDF.
Follow the steps below to install a PostScript printer and re-launch the QuarkXPress Server and try creating a PDF.
- Open the Control Panel on Windows and go to Printers and Faxes.
- Click on Add a printer, in the Add printer wizard click on Next.
- Select Local Printer, but uncheck Automatically detect and Install my Plug and Play printer and click Next.
- Select the FILE: (Print to File) port and click Next.
- Now select the Manufacturer as Apple and the Printer as Apple LaserWriter II NTX V51.8 (This is a good generic PostScript device to use for a Print to File printer).
- Set it as the default printer and then click on Finish.