- Loading Quark XML Author during initial setup
- Troubleshooting Quark XML Author issues
- Unloading Quark XML Author
To change the load behavior of Quark XML Author add-in, perform the following steps:
- Go to Start > Run and type Regedit or launch your preferred Windows Registry editor.
Locate and view the following node:
For 32-bit Windows OS:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\Author for Word 2003 (or Word 2007)
For 64-bit Windows OS:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\Quark XML Author for Word
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\Quark XML Author for Word
- A LoadBehavior value of 3 enables the Quark Author add-in. A value of 2 or any other value disables Quark Author add-in.
- If the value is not set to 3, then set the value to 3.
- Close Regedit.
- Reboot the workstation.
- Select the application you are evaluating:
- For Quark XML Author: Start Microsoft® Word. Confirm that the Quark Author menu commands are present on the File menu. If the menu commands are present, then you have successfully loaded Author.
If the test in the previous step failed, then view the LoadBehavior key again in the Windows registry. If its value is not still set to 3, contact Quark Tech Support.
- Changes to the Windows registry should be made only under the supervision of an IT expert.
- Back up your Windows registry before making any changes to it.