Determining operating system requirements for Quark Author.
Quark Author for Word 2007 System Requirements
The following provides the hardware and software requirements of Quark Author for Microsoft® Word.
Quark Author requires the following minimum hardware configuration:
- 1 GHz 32-bit (x86)processor
- 1GB of RAM (2GB or more recommended)
- 1GB of available hard drive space
- Display with 1024 x 768 or higher resolution monitor
- Peripherals suitable for Microsoft® Word authoring
- DVD-ROM drive for installation from DVD (not required for installation from download)
Quark Author requires one of the following operating systems:
- Windows® XP Professional operating system with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher
- Windows Vista® 32-bit (Enterprise, Business or Ultimate) operating system with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher
- Quark Author requires Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher.
In addition, the following components are required for installation:
- .NET Programmability Support (advanced customization in the Microsoft Office Word installation)
- .NET Framework 3.5. Quark recommends.NET Framework 3.5 SP1. It is available for download at Microsofts Download
- Microsoft Visual C 2008 Redistributable Package (x86). It is available for download at Microsofts Download Center:
- Shared Add-in Support Update for the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (KB908002). It is available for download at Microsofts Download Center:
- PDF reader software is required for viewing PDF Renditions
Once the required installation of Word is complete, you may install Quark Author.