Determining operating system requirements for Quark Author.
Quark Author for Word 2003 System Requirements
The following provides the hardware and software requirements of Quark Author for Microsoft® Word.
Quark Author requires the following minimum hardware configuration:
- 500 MHz processor
- 512MB of RAM (1GB or more recommended)
- 1GB hard disk space
- Display with 1024 x 768 or higher resolution monitor
- Peripherals suitable for Microsoft® Word authoring
- DVD-ROM drive for installation from DVD (not required for installation from download)
Quark Author requires one of the following operating systems:
- Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher
- Windows Vista® 32-bit (Enterprise, Business or Ultimate) operating system with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher
Quark Author requires one of the following versions of Microsoft Office: Also run Office Updates at Microsoft.com to ensure the latest version is installed.
- Office 2002 (XP) Service Pack 3 (SP3) (released 3/30/2004) or higher
- Office 2003 (Standard or Professional) Service Pack 3 (SP3) (released 9/17/2007) or higher
In addition, the following components are required for installation:
- .NET Framework 3.5. Quark recommends.NET Framework 3.5 SP1. It is available for download at Microsofts Download Center: www.microsoft.com/downloads
- Microsoft Visual C 2008 Redistributable Package (x86). It is available for download at Microsofts Download Center: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en
- Shared Add-in Support Update for the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (KB908002). It is available for download at Microsofts Download Center: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908002
- PDF reader software is required for viewing PDF Renditions
Once the required installation of Word is complete, you may install Quark Author.