Sometimes the Microsoft® Office registry settings are not properly refreshed when Quark Author is installed. These settings must be reset manually.
To reset the Microsoft® Office registry settings, perform the following steps:
1. Ensure that Microsoft® Word and DITA Studio are not running.
2. Start Regedit or your preferred Windows Registry editor.
3. Locate and delete the following nodes:
4. Close Regedit.
5. Start Quark Author.
( The Windows Installer dialog will be displayed while Office resets the necessary values in the registry.)
If this does not work:
1. Repeat all steps
2. If repeating all steps does not work, delete/rename the normal.dot file.
3. Start Quark Author.
1. Changes to the Windows registry should be made only under the supervision of an IT expert.
2. Back up your Windows registry before making any changes to it.