Sometimes the Microsoft® Office registry settings are not properly refreshed when Quark Author is installed. These settings must be reset manually.
To reset the Microsoft® Office registry settings, perform the following steps:
1. Ensure that Microsoft® Word is not running.
2. Start Regedit or your preferred Windows Registry editor.
3. Locate and delete the following node.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word (for MS Word 2003)
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word (for MS Word 2007)
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Word (for MS Word 2010)
4. Locate and delete the following node.
5. Close Regedit.
6. Start Quark Author.
- Deleting the registry keys will remove the local configuration in case user has made any settings to their MS Word environment.
- Changes to the Windows registry should be made only under supervision of an IT expert
- Back up your Windows registry before making any changes to it
If this does not resolve the issue, check for the following:
1. It is possible that someone has deleted the Author folder from program files. If this is the case, run the installer again and select the option to do a repair.
2. Check to see if Error Logging is enabled in the AppConfig. inside the Quark Author install folder. If enabled, the log file is created at:
- C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data (For Win XP)
- C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Quark\ Author (For Win Vista, Win 7, Win 2008)
3. Check the Error Log. Error logging is enabled in AppConfig. if the following is set to 'true':