Note: Reinstalling QuarkXPress on the same computer does not require a key. However, if your hardware configuration has changed, you may not be able to activate over the Internet. In that case, you must complete the registration form for a new key.
For QuarkXPress 6 and 7, follow these steps:
- Close the alert dialog box.
- Quit QuarkXPress.
- Delete the 'Quark' folder from the location 'Hard Drive:Library:Preferences' folder.
- Run the QuarkXPress Component installer, located in the 'For System' folder in the 'QuarkXPress' folder. You must have administrative privileges to do so.
- Re-launch QuarkXPress.
- A dialog box displays asking you if you want to activate over the telephone or the Internet.
- Choose Over the Internet and then click Activate QuarkXPress.
- You should then be able to launch QuarkXPress as you normally would.
For QuarkXPress 8 and 9, please follow these steps:
- Delete the QuarkXPress application folder located on Mac HD > Applications > QuarkXPress.
Delete the 'Quark' folder located on Mac HD > Users > [User that is logged in] > Library > Preferences > Quark
For 10.7.x & 10.8.x:
(On the Finder window, please press and hold the 'option' key (marked ALT) and on the menu bar, at the top, select Go to view the User Library)
- Reinstall QuarkXPress.
- Launch QuarkXPress, choose Over the Internet, and then click Activate QuarkXPress.