Applies to: QuarkXPress 7.x ,8.x ,9.x
When you import a TIFF image in a Layout, If you wish to create a graphic element that uses dominant colors from the image, you can use Picture Effects Palette.
In order to create a color which is used in the image, follow the steps below:
- Select the picture and open the Picture Effects palette (Window> Picture Effects).
- Apply any Picture Effect (without making any changes to the effect value)
- Check the Info tab under Picture Effects Pallet.
- Leave all setting as is, and click on OK.
- Click on close triangle next to Info at bottom of the pallet.
- Move the mouse over the picture, the RGB and CMYK color values will be displayed in the Info area.
- Use the RGB, CMYK values to create new colors in QuarkXPress using Color Pallet.