Note: For the following steps you must be in Classic View of Windows Vista in order to show hidden files.
Steps to go into Classic View:
- Close all applications so that you can see the desktop.
- Right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize from the pop-up menu.
The Personalization window displays.
- Choose Window Color and Appearance.
- Choose Windows Classic.
- Click OK.
- Close the Personalization window.
Steps to show hidden files:
- Click Start > Computer.
- The Computer window opens. Click the question mark icon in the top right corner of the window.
- The Windows Help and Support window Displays. Type hidden in the Search field and begin the search.
- A list of search options shows in the Help and Support window.
- Choose Show Hidden Files.
- Click Click to Open Folder Options. The Folder Options window displays.
- Choose the View tab.
- Click Show Hidden Files and Folders.
- Click OK. The Folder Options window closes.
Steps to locating the QuarkXPress and QuarkCopyDesk Preferences files:
- Click Start > Computer. The Computer window opens.
- Go to C:\Users\ your user name\AppData (hidden file that is now displayed)\ Local\Quark\QuarkXPress.
- All of the QuarkXPress preferences will be located in this folder.