Follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
1. Navigate to the QuarkXPress default preferences location
Mac OS: Macintosh HD/Users/Current User/Library/Preferences/Quark
Windows XP and 2003: C:\ Documents and Settings\ Current User\ Application Data\Quark
Windows Vista: C:\Users\ your user name\AppData\ Local\Quark\QuarkXPress
Note: Please refer to How to find Preferences folder on Windows Vista for the procedure to make files visible under Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Note: To make files visible under Windows XP and 2003, right-click on the Application Data folder and go to Properties. In the General tab, uncheck Hidden.
2. Rename the QuarkXPress 7,8 or 9 folder as old_QuarkXPress 7,8 or 9.
If the solution above does not work:
- Navigate to the QuarkXPress 7.x, 8.x or 9.x application folder:
Mac OS: Mac Hdd\ Applications\ QuarkXPress 7.x, 8.x or 9.x.
Windows: C:\ Program Files\ Quark\ QuarkXPress 7.x, 8.x or 9.x.
2. Check to see if a local Preferences folder inside the QuarkXPress folder has previously been created.
3. If so, rename the Preferences folder as 'Old Preferences'.