Background: This behavior can occur if there is any level of object damage in the picture box or a problem in the image itself. If this is the case, you can isolate and address the problem on the project, picture box, or picture level.
The following procedures have fixed this behavior in specific QuarkXPress projects:
- Delete the picture box and create a new one.
- Re-import the same image. Then save and re-open the project.
- Do a thumbnail drag of the project. To do so, follow the thumbnail drag procedure described How to Perform a Thumbnail Drag
- Control-Click on the picture box and select Preview Resolution> Full Resolution Preview.
- Open the image in a photo editing software and re-save the image with a preview. Then re-import the image.
- Add extension of the image e.g. .tiff.