OS: Windows Vista and Windows 7
Version: QuarkXPress 9
This issue occurs, when you don’t have the adequate/admin rights to install the license.
I have installed the Evaluation version and now I have purchased the license. When I try to convert the evaluation copy to full license, using the option “Edit License Code”, a window prompts “You should have the Administrator Privilege to complete it”. When I click on OK, the window closes.
1. Right click on the QuarkXPress icon and select >> Run as Admin.
2. When the program starts, choose >> Edit license code.
1. Right click on QuarkXPress icon and select >> Properties >> Compatibility >> select the check box under
compatibility mode >>select Windows XP (service pack 3) from drop down menu and click on ok.
2. Right click on the QuarkXPress icon and choose >> Run as Admin.
3. When the program starts, choose >> Edit license code.
Reinstall the program with admin permission.