Applies to- QuarkXPress Server.
A master copy of QXPS Jobjacket (QuarkXPressServerJobJacket.xml) having all custom output styles needs to be created only once using the below steps.
1. Go to QuarkXPress Server admin page http://ServerIP:8080/qxpsadmin/
2. Navigate to Administration > Job Jackets (It would open Manage Job Jacket window)
3. Click on Get Job Jacket for editing and this would download the QuarkXPress Server Job Jacket file.
4. Open the above Job Jacket file in QuarkXPress by navigating to Utilities> Job Jacket Manager.
Note: Before proceeding to next step, custom output styles should be created in QuarkXPress at application level (without opening any project).
5. Click on Advanced Settings button and then click on Local Application Resources button (for more information refer page 374 of QXP_2015_09_User_Guide_EN.pdf which is located at http://files.quark.com/download/documentation/QuarkXPress/2015/English/QXP_2015_09_User_Guide_EN.pdf
6. Navigate to OutputStyles.
7. Drag the custom output styles which are required to be included in QuarkXPress Server and drop them over the QuarkXPress Server Job Jacket and ticket on left hand side.
8. Once output styles are added to QuarkXPress Server Job Jacket, Export the Job Jacket and close the Job Jacket Manager window.
9. Again switch to QuarkXPress Server admin page and open Manage Job Jacket window (as described in step 2). Now, browse the updated Job Jacket to add to the QXPS and click Submit.
10. All Custom Output Styles will be added to QXPS by performing the above steps.
After the QPXS is installed, that ‘QuarkXPressServerJobJacket.xml’ can then be added to QXPS during its first launch with the following steps:-
- Place the master copy of ‘QuarkXPressServerJobJacket.xml’ in document pool.
- Make the following http call after first launch of QXPS through any script or client:-http://server:port/updateprefsfromjj