Summary: VTune Amplifier performance profiler is a commercial application for software performance analysis of 32 and 64-bit x86 based machines. It has both a GUI (graphical user interface) and command line and comes in versions for Linux or Microsoft Windows operating systems. An optional download lets you analyze the Windows or Linux data with a GUI on OS X.
1. Download the Vtunes software from this link: https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-vtune-amplifier-xe
2. Once you submit your details (email address, First name and Last name) at this link https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/forms/?ProductID=1503 , it will send you an email with downloadable link
3. Install the application.
4. Launch the application under Programs
5. Click on “New Project”. New window will pop up, provide the project’s name and its location.
6. Select Browse under Applications to select the application (QuarkXPress 2017).
7. Click on Binary/Symbol Search button. Binary/Search window will be opened.
8. In search directories, Add below mentioned folders:
- C:\Program Files\Quark\QuarkXPress 2017\Symbols\dll
- C:\Program Files\Quark\QuarkXPress 2017\Symbols\exe
- C:\Program Files\Quark\QuarkXPress 2017\Symbols\plugins
- C:\Program Files\Quark\QuarkXPress 2017\Symbols\qrc
- C:\Program Files\Quark\QuarkXPress 2017\Symbols\xnt
9. Click on Source Search button. Source search window will be opened.
10. In Search Directories, add this folder: C:\Program Files\Quark\QuarkXPress 2017
11. Click on Choose Analysis button.
12. Click on Start to record profiling.
13. It will open the QuarkXPress application automatically.
14. Create a new project/open the existing project and perform the action with which you find the slowness.
15. You may pause the profiling by clicking on Pause in case you don’t want to record any specific action. But, do click on Resume before performing the action you want to record.
16. Click on Stop in order to save the profiling report. It will finalize the result.
17. It will show you the summary of entire report in Vtunes itself.
18. By default it will save the profiling report at this location: C:\Users\Current User\Documents\Amplifier XE\Projects or at the location you mentioned in step 5.
19. Ask customer to send the project folder from C:\Users\Current User\Documents\Amplifier XE\Projects