- QuarkXPress 2018 (14.2) offers support for Hunspell libraries to allow hyphenation and line breaking in popular Indian languages.
- QuarkXPress 2018 (14.2) supports syllable-based hyphenation support for Indian languages.
- Users can view the hyphenation of the current/ selected word using Suggested Hyphenation.
- Users can customize the hyphenation of Indic words by adding them to the Hyphenation Exception for the desired language.
Hyphenation Exception in Indic language
- Users can customize the hyphenation rule by editing the Auto Hyphenation settings in the H&J set (Edit the values for Smallest Word, Minimum Before, Minimum After) Edit Auto Hyphenation settings
By default, Auto hyphen character is displayed in the text while hyphenating words in Hindi, Bengali, Punjabi, Marathi, Gujarati, Assamese languages. While in case of Telugu, Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam, Odia languages, the Auto hyphen character is not displayed in the story.
Hyphenation in Hindi language
Hyphenation in Telugu language
- QuarkXPress 2018 (14.2) allows the customization of default settings for display auto hyphen in different Indian languages.
Windows: Go to QuarkXPress 2018 application folder > Edit the Settings.xml
Mac: Invoke the contextual menu for the QuarkXPress 2018 application > Go to Show Package Contents > Contents > Shared Support > Settings.xml. Copy the Settings.xml to Mac HD/ Users/ Current User/ Library/ Application Support/ QuarkXPress 2018 > Edit the Settings.xml.
Mac App Store build: Invoke the contextual menu for the QuarkXPress 2018 application > Go to Show Package Contents > Contents > Shared Support > Settings.xml. Copy the Settings.xml to Mac HD/ Users/ Current User/ Library/ Containers/ com.quark.quarkxpress.2018.pro/ Data > Library/ Application Support/ QuarkXPress 2018 > Edit the Settings.xml
In Settings.xml file, value for ‘true’ means Auto Hyphen will be displayed; value of ‘false’ Auto Hyphen will not be displayed.