1. Design Feature
- New Table Model with Table Styles- Tables are a powerful tool for simplifying the presentation of complex information. However, it can be time consuming for designers to create and update tabular content. In QuarkXPress 2019, Quark completely reimagined tables introducing its new table object that combines creative freedom with time saving automation.
- Box position reference point- When creating or adjusting boxes and lines on a page, you often want to align items to specific coordinates or to other objects. To make this easier, QuarkXPress 2019 adds a new grid-based selector that lets you specify the exact coordinates of an object and all four corners and four edges of a box.
- Auto Grow /Shrink text boxes- Now in QuarkXPress you can optionally make text boxes grow and shrink automatically, so that they are always as large as the text inside it requires it. No need to switch to the mouse and enlarge or reduce the box anymore.
- Spring loading on cursor- No more back and forth between your layout and your image library! It takes time to import images individually, especially in image heavy layouts. Speed up the process by loading up your cursor with multiple images (or text files) at once and then populate existing boxes or create new boxes one at a time with the click of your mouse.
2. Digital Publishing
- Flex Layouts- QuarkXPress 2019 introduces Flex Layouts, a first in digital publishing for graphic designers. Flex Layouts is a new layout space that lets designers create truly responsive HTML5 Web pages in a WYSIWYG environment. Flex Layouts do not require any HTML or CSS coding skills, which means graphic designers can start creating banner ads, landing pages, microsites, and more.
- Export as image- Push image export to a new limit. For the first time you can now export your designs from QuarkXPress as professional grade images in JPEG, TIFF and PNG formats. Need an banner image for your email? No need to open another photo editing application! Use presets to control pixel DPI, quality, color profile, and file format when exporting your QuarkXPress layout or selected objects or images for use in other applications.
-Complete PDF Accessibility Support- When exporting PDFs for digital consumption, ensure you meet the latest accessibility requirements and regulations. QuarkXPress 2019 now supports all PDF accessibility standards so you can export PDFs that are compliant with the PDF/UA (ISO 14289), PDF/A, and WCAG 2.0 requirements.
3. Text and Typography
- Paragraph Formatting- QuarkXPress now offers the ability to specify a different or no space between paragraphs that have the same style sheet. No need to create separate style sheets and remember to which line to apply them. QuarkXPress will do that for you.