Title: How to perform Font isolation on Windows?
Applies to- QuarkXPress 2016, 2017 & 2018 on OS Windows 7, 8 & Windows 10
Summary: When QuarkXPress crashes and the crash report shows Font Management related error then we need to do Font Isolation to take out the corrupt fonts which conflicts with the software to launch.
In order to locate the problematic font, please perform the below mentioned steps:
- Create new folder on the desktop and name it FontsBackup
- Navigate to C drive >> Windows >> Fonts
- Move all the fonts except system fonts to FontsBackup folder on desktop
- Try to launch QuarkXPress and check the behavior
- If QuarkXPress launches fine quickly then move half of the fonts from FontsBackup folder to Fonts folder (in Control Panel)
- Launch QuarkXPress and see if the problem still persists
- If it works fine, then move another half of fonts from FontsBackup folder to Fonts folder (in Control Panel)
- Continue the same process until you find the culprit font or culprit set of fonts.
- Relaunch QuarkXPress everytime to check the performance after every move of fonts to Fonts folder.