Applies to : QuarkXPress 2020
To export a layout in ePub format:
Choose File > Export as > ePub. The Export as ePub dialog displays.
Enter a name for the exported eBook. QuarkXPress will append the correct file extension.
Choose an output style from the ePub Style drop-down menu or click Options. If you click Options, the ePub Export Options dialog displays.
- Use the Pictures pane to specify the resolution, format, and quality of pictures in the ePub file. To override any custom attributes applied to individual picture components, check Override Box Settings.
- Use the Text pane to specify how to export Drop Cap in Reflow eBooks: as Native Text or Ignore.
- Use the Table of Contents pane to set options for the table of contents in the ePub file. You can choose whether to use the Reflow article names defined in the Articles palette or you can use a predefined list as the Table of Contents. (For more information, see "Creating a TOC for ePub or Kindle.") You can also specify the name of the TOC entry for the cover and the title displayed above the TOC in the HTML version of the table of contents.
- Use the East Asian pane to specify a default story direction and choose whether to export Rubi natively or in parentheses.
- Use the Page Layout pane to choose how Footnotes are exported in Reflow eBooks, and lets you specify orientation and spread options for Fixed Layout eBooks.
- Use the Miscellaneous pane to choose a target platform.
- When you're finished configuring options, click OK. To capture the current settings without creating an ePub file, click Capture Settings.
Output styles can be managed by selecting Edit > Output Styles.